Resumé / Curriculum Vitae
Assistant Clinical Professor in the Department of Medicine
- Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine
- May 2011 – current
- Virginia Research Center, Midlothian, Virginia
- January 2010 – current
- Provide Investigator oversight per Title 21, Code of Federal Regulations part 312 for clinical research studies performed at the Virginia Research Center. Assume all responsibilities as Principal Investigator, aware of all regulatory issues related to the Code of Federal Regulations, ICH Good Clinical Practice Guidelines and initiate appropriate actions as needed.
- Family Practice Associates, Midlothian, Virginia
- October 2007 – current
- Joined family practice group located at St. Francis medical center that provides comprehensive patient care 7 days a week and provides 24-hour call service for urgent patient need. Clinic contains PT, Occupational Medicine Clinic and multiple ancillary services.
- Mac Dill AFB Hospital, Tampa, Florida
- August 2003 – September 2007
- Duties include supervision of a clinic caring for over 11,000 beneficiaries, three physicians, three physician assistants and coordinating clinic activities with Mac Dill AFB while providing care for 1,400 patients.
- Brandon Community Clinic, Tampa, Florida
- May 2006 – September 2007
- Supervised clinic of 6 providers and 20 staff that provided care for 12,000 patients annually.
- Cardiology and Pulmonary Clinic, Tampa, Florida
- February 2007 – September 2007
- Perform and oversee treadmill stress testing, event/holter monitoring, EKG reading, pulmonary function testing, EIA/methacholine asthma testing, and 24hr ambulatory BP monitoring.
- CheckUps USA, Tampa, Florida
- March 2007 – September 2007
- Supervise two nurse practitioners in retail health clinic located in WalMart. Perform supervision, chart review, consultation and in other capacities as needed.
- Pfizer Pharmaceutical Company, Tampa, Florida
- May 2007 – May 2007
- Lecture and educate physicians and other health care providers on topic of specific and non-specific non-steroidal anti-inflammatories on behalf of Pfizer. Trained and approved national speaker.
Part Time Attending Physician
- New Tampa Urgent Care, Tampa, Florida
- October 2005 – September 2007
- Provide for the urgent health care needs of a diverse patient population in the New Tampa area. Daily patient census ranges from 40-60 patients over an eight-hour shift. Responsible for coordinating care for urgent patients needing next day specialist follow up as well as emergent patients needing immediate transfer to a hospital.
Primary Care Manager
- Brandon Community Clinic, Tampa, Florida
- January 2004 – May 2006
- Managing a primary care team of one nurse and two medical technicians and caring for a patient population of 1,400 ranging from newborns to geriatrics while supervising two Physician Assistants. Serve as clinic Quality Assurance Program officer for clinic. Provide after hours Emergency Department backup when needed.
Deployed Warrior Medical Readiness Clinic
- Landstuhl Regional Medical Center, Germany
- September 2004 – December 2004
- In support of combat operations, served in Deployed Warrior Medical Readiness Clinic and Kleber Clinic; acting Clinic Director for Kleber Clinic.
Primary Care Manager
- Mac Dill AFB, Tampa FL
- April 2004 – August 2004
- Delivered care for a diverse population of 1300 patients ranging from infants to elderly and supervised two technicians and a nurse. Worked in Active Duty Clinic for deploying personnel (Aug 2003 – Apr 2004) managing overseas-related injuries and illnesses, supervised a Physician Assistant and Nurse Practitioner. Total empanelment of 4,500 patients.
- Memorial Regional Medical Center, Mechanicsville, Virginia
- June 2002 – June 2003
- Served as Emergency Physician backup for in-hospital, non-ED emergencies. Performed backup services in hospital during after-hours and weekends.
- Hanover Family Practice Residency at the Medical College of Virginia, Mechanicsville, VA
- 2001 – 2003
- Medical College of Virginia Hospitals, Richmond, Virginia
- 2000 – 2001
- Medical College of Virginia, School of Medicine, Richmond, Virginia
- 1996 – 2000
Bachelor of Science in Biology (Summa Cum Laude)
- Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia
- 1991 – 1995
Certification & Licensing
- Certification in Botox & Juvederm Cosmetic injections
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- American Board of Family Medicine Certification
- Virginia State Medical License
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- Nuclear, Chemical, Biological Warfare Certification
- Advanced Trauma Life Support
- Combat Care Casualty Coarse for Hospital Deployment
- Medical Warfare Response Certification
- Basic Life Support
- Christian Medical and Dental Society
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- Uniformed Services Academy of Family Physician
- Diplomate of the American Board of Family Medicine
Activities & Honors
- Fellow of the American Academy of Family Physicians
- Diplomat of the American Board of Family Medicine
- Worked at Hospital Loma de Luz in Belfate, Honduras March 2006
- Worked at Hospital Voz Andes in Shell, Ecuador, S.A. February 2003
- Board Member of Seeds of Hope Sao Paolo, Brazil. Provides educational opportunities for orphans.
- Community work at Lar Escola Pequeno Leão in Sao Paulo, Brazil, S.A.
- Water tank construction project in Chiapas, Mexico, C.A.
- Letter of Commendation for outstanding performance at Kleber Clinic during medical operations at the 6th Medical Operations Squadron 2004.
- Foreign language certification in Spanish
Clinical Research Training
National Institutes of Health, Office of Extramural Research
- Protection of Human Research Participants
Introduction to Clinical Drug Development Process: ICH/FDA Good Clinical Practice for Clinical Trial Sites.
- Module 1: Overview of ICH Good Clinical Practice
- Module 2: Clinical Investigator Obligations & Qualifications
- Module 3: Subject Informed Consent and Protocol Compliance
- Module 4: Investigational Product, Randomization and Unblinding & Source Documents and Case Report Form Completion
- Module 5: Safety Reporting, Financial Disclosure, & Study Closeout, Trial Termination, and Record Retention
- Module 6: Non-compliance, Scientific Misconduct and Fraud & Monitoring and Preparing for Audits and Inspections
- Module 7: The European Clinical Trial Directives
Ethical Principles and Guidelines for the Protection of Human Subjects of Research. The National Commission for the Protection of Human Subjects of Biomedical and Behavioral Research. April 18, 1979
Electronic Data Capture/eCRF
- Phase Forward, InForm 5.0 Investigator Certification
- PPD OC-RDC (Oracle Clinical Remote Data Capture)
- MERGE Health Care eTrials, EDC (Electronic Data Capture)
Interactive Voice/Web Response Systems (IXRS)
- Almac Group
- Perceptive Informatics, ClinPhone IVRS & IWRS
- Worldwide Clinical Trials – BioCall
- MERGE Health Care eTrials, IVR/WRS Console
Clinical Research Activities
A Multicenter, Randomized, Placebo-controlled, Double blinded Study of the Efficacy and Safety of Lubiprostone in Subjects with Opioid-induced Bowel Dysfunction
A randomized, double-blind, active-controlled study of canakinumab (ACZ885) pre-filled syringes or reconstituted lyophilizate versus triamcinolone acetonide for treating acute gouty arthritis flares in frequently flaring patients
A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo Controlled Study of Nitazoxanide in Adults and Adolescents with Acute Uncomplicated Influenza
TECOS: A Randomized, Placebo Controlled Clinical Trial to Evaluate Cardiovascular Outcomes after Treatment with Sitagliptin in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus and Inadequate Glycemic Control
A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Parallel-Group Phase III Study to Assess Efficacy and Safety of AKR-963 Therapy in Subjects with Severe Hypertriglyceridemia
A Multicentre, Randomised, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Phase IV Trial to Evaluate the Effect of Saxagliptin on the Incidence of Cardiovascular Death, Myocardial Infarction or Ischaemic Stroke in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes
The PROMISE Trial - Prospective Multicenter Imaging Study for Evaluation of Chest Pain